Patsy Erick (Chris' paternal grandmother)
Patsy Erick (Chris' paternal grandmother)
-- 8 / 6/ 2014-- CASE CLOSED "AS IS" BY MIDLOTHIAN POLICE--
According to police reports Midlothian Texas police detectives Sgt Timothy Scott and Commander Cody McKinney asked Pat Erick and her son, Steven Erick to take a polygraph. They refused !
(Click on video below) The email used to purchase the cyanide from Amazon was Patsy Erick's email. Mrs. Erick altered this evidence prior to turning it over to police. Mrs. Erick deleted her email & added in Christopher's.
1. Grandma Pat was reportedly the last person to see Christopher alive.
2. In March 2012- Grandma Pat states to Christopher's Mom, "I will see Chris Dead before I see him in one of those hospitals".
-- UPDATE: According to police reports, Chris was 2 days away from reaching help in the hospital. Pat saw him dead instead.
- Pat's statements to police: Page 130- Pat states, "When Chris was released from Green Oaks in July 2012, he was functioning at such a low level that he was considered totally disabled and unable to care for himself. The three options available were to have him institutionalized in a state mental hospital, put him on the street, or care for him at home. Chris had already had a stint in a state hospital that resulted in a total psychotic breakdown on May 30, 2012 SO THAT WAS NOT A VIABLE OPTION." <<<<<
-- The Documented Truth : The Mother went to court and had Christopher involuntarily admitted into a hospital because he was having a breakdown. The hospital did not cause this, they helped Chris. While he was in the hospital the nurse reported that they finally were able to detox Chris off of his meds including the prescription Adderall XR and his symptoms completely disappeared. Chris even looked better. But Pat clearly feels that Chris going to the hospital was NOT AN OPTION FOR HIM. Adderall XR was found in his system when he died, along with Cyanide poison.
5. Cyanide death by ingestion or by inhalation is not a pleasant, calm death. To find the victims “lying in a reposeful attitude” would be most consistent with their having been PLACED in “repose” after death. Murder would be a definite possibility (that should certainly have been further investigated). "Is it Murder" by Dr. Richard Sherman Keller .
6. The day of Chris' death, Pat and Steve both refused to accept phone calls from Chris' Mother. Pat finally responded to a text sent by the Mother which asked, "How did Chris die". Pat responded with only 3 words "Naturally and Peacefully. When police called the Mother to notify her of her son's death, the police officer said it appeared that Chris just went to sleep the night before and died "Naturally and Peacefully in his sleep." Police told the mother that same day that there was nothing that indicated foul play or suicide.
One month later Chris tested positive for Cyanide Poison.
7. After Chris tested positive for poison, 6 months later we found out Pat Erick's master card and her email was used for the purchase of cyanide. Pat lied to police saying it was Chris' credit card.
8. -Update: Police reports confirm that on Aug 6, 2012 Pat Erick added a new credit card ending in 4101 on Amazon.com . August 6, 2012 was also the date that the judge signed a court order for Chris' mental status to be evaluated in the Dallas county court. In the Freedom Of Information Act Packet provided to the Mother, Midlothian Police Department had blacked out proof that it was Pat Erick's email address and not Chris'. It was still visible when held up to the sunlight. It was also verified by Amazon.com and voice recorded by Chris' Mother.
9. August 7, 2012 Pat faked another email to a chemical company stating "This purchase was made by a suicidal person with out the card holder knowledge or permission." Pat provided this email to police claiming she "saved" Chris. (Alfa Aesar) The mother contacted Alfa Aesar and was told that they have never received an email about a suicidal person, Ever! Pat provided false and forged evidence to Midlothian Police Officer Sgt Tim Scott. No response was ever provided to Chris' Mother by MPD.
10. Someone discarded the remaining cyanide before police arrived. It has never been located.
11. The day after Chris died, the Maternal Grandmother called Pat to plan Chris funeral, but when the Maternal Grandmother told Pat that said she wanted to pay for Chris funeral, Pat quickly stated, "No I promised Chris that I would pay for everything at his funeral. It didn't occur to anyone until later, Pat had planned Chris' funeral prior to his death!
Sgt Tim Scott at MPD stated, "This is reasonable suspicion." But then did nothing.
Update: Pat arranged for Christopher's funeral to be a non-commemorative funeral only. Which meant Pat chose not to make arrangements for flowers, prayers or even music. Not even a memorial. Pat did not even provide clothing for Chris! Chris was quickly cremated.
Chris' Maternal family were sent scrambling to pull together a respectful Memorial for Chris, but neither Chris' Dad nor Grandma Pat, none of the Paternal family attended Chris' memorial or his visitation at the funeral home.
The Mother attempted several times to post Chris' memorial information on Chris' Facebook page. Later she received an email confirmation from Chris' account that it was Grandma Pat. She had broken into Chris' Facebook account and deleted every post about Chris' memorial.
Only a few weeks after Chris' death, Pat also had the funeral home delete Chris' online obituary which Chris' mother had just made for him. Pat paid, so Pat was allowed by the funeral home, to take control of Chris' final details.
--Update: Police reports confirm that Pat admitted to frequently accessing Chris' email and online accounts without his knowledge or permission. Pat claimed this was for his protection, but as you can see above, this is just one of many times Mrs. Erick abused Christopher's online accounts to cause intentional harm to others, especially where Christopher and his mother were concerned.
12. Chris did not have a "Living Will" prior to moving in with Pat Erick. Chris was so confused he wrote on his Facebook page that he was having trouble remembering his own name. (Confusion is a symptom of chronic cyanide poisoning.) He was definitely too confused to consider that he needed a living will.
13. In the cyanide poisoning case of the Chicago lottery winner and in many other cyanide poisoning cases, it was first realized he was ill when he emitted a loud scream. Interestingly enough, that tends to be a classic symptom of cyanide poisoning, an almost involuntary response to the internal collapse. Gettler once described this as a "death scream." The description of Khan’s death has him screaming, staggering to a chair, and dying as he sat there."
14. Chris girlfriend claims that Chris stated he and grandma Pat entered into some sort of a "death pact" together. Police never interviewed the girlfriend about this. Obviously Pat did not keep her end of the bargain. What was this sick woman feeding this very confused young man.
it was known that Pat had told Chris that she was dying from some sort of breathing disease. 7 years later and Pat is still alive. Pat secluded and targeted Christopher.
15. The Medical Examiner there were signs present that indicated long term cyanide poisoning. These long term poisoning signs were dismissed and claimed to be caused by "Chris long term heart disease."
16. Shortly before his death, Chris had complained of blisters on his tongue.
17. Chris went to visit his doctor about his symptoms and not feeling well. His doctor gave him a shot of B-12 and sent Chris home to rest. Chris' complaints were severe fatigue, nausea with vomiting, severe confusion and depression. (All typical symptoms of chronic cyanide poisoning)
18. Correction: The medical examiner stated that there was none of the typical foaming from the mouth found in Chris throat or mouth. So then what caused the red lesions seen around Chris mouth in crime scene photos? The family say it was from suffocation?
19. Pat told Chris' Mother that Chris died "Naturally and Peacefully ", but how would she have knowledge about how he died unless she was with him!
20. Update: (page 49 of the MPD FOIA packet) - In Officer Cody McKinney's police report he stated that Pat Erick was claiming someone broke in to her house and now she is missing a container which held her miscellaneous WIRES AND CABLES which she last saw in Christopher's room. ---IS THAT STATEMENT ALONE NOT ENOUGH TO DIRECTLY INCRIMINATE PAT TO THE CABLES SEEN ON THE RESTRAINT CHAIR NEXT TO CHRIS' DEAD BODY?
Online Stalking/Harassment by Pat Erick a.k.a. - Ginny Goset